Saturday, August 22, 2009

7 Weeks to go until October 10th Reunion




Today I thought I'd add my parents wedding photo taken on September 1st 1951 at Wesley Methodist Church in Forest Street, Bendigo. Lloyd George Hickson , Edward George's grandson married Ethel Ivy Morgan and they lived at "Homeleigh", Muskerry East which is 7 miles from Toolleen where Edward George settled and the Reunion will be held. I still have Mum's wedding dress which I will take to the Reunion along with their photo.Hopefully lots of people will do the same as weddings are family occasions and celebrations worth remembering long after the bride and groom have gone.


The second photograph is of the property where Lloyd and Ethel raised me, my sister Cheryl (now Cheryl Payne who wrote "Dawn of Hope", her story of Edward George, Lucy Mary Ann and their descendants) and my brother James who now lives at Woodvale near Bendigo. Currently property is now owned by Lloyd's nephew Bryan and Debbie Hickson.Bryan, second son of Ron and Alma Hickson, is President of the Mount Pleasant Football Club whose ground and rooms adjoin the Toolleen Community Centre where the Reunion will be held.

No comments:

Post a Comment